Awards and Gratitude
I’ve been a bit of a slacker when it comes to keeping up with the community portion of blogging, and I apologize. It’s a great honor to be recognized by my fellow bloggers and photographers, and things like this should never go without acknowledgement.
I’ve been nominated for The Heart on Fire Award by Jeremy over at http://365photosbyjeremy.wordpress.com/. Jeremy is participating in a 365 day photo challenge as well. He has a wonderful eye, and has a lot of fantastic photos.
This nomination also reminded me that there were a few other awards that I neglected responding to. Back in March Jeremy also nominated me for the Versatile blogger.
In February I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Paula. Her blog can be found at http://pturnermoments.wordpress.com/. Not only does she have a very clever blog title, (mom)ments, but she has a great eye for detail, and captures the essence and beauty of the world around her.
I greatly appreciate all of their nominations, and their continued support. Thank you both, and again, I apologize for failing to respond sooner.
As part of accepting these awards there are various other requirements, and I’m going to kind of combine them all together. First, 10 things about me…
1. I just graduated with my Bachelors in Biology this past December.
2. I’m a huge hockey fan. Let’s go Blues!
3. I wish had a few local photographer friends to go on photo adventures with.
4. I love camping and backpacking. The farthest I’ve backpacked was 47 miles on the Appalachian Trail.
5. I someday hope to run at least a half marathon, and I’ve yet to even run a 5k. Ambitious huh?
6. I love coffee
7. My favorite food is Thai
8. I have yet to travel out of the country, but I hope to change that within the next year.
9. I served 6 years in the Air Force
10. My favorite season is Fall
And now to recognize some of my favorite blogs, aside from Jeremy’s and Paula’s, of course.